Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Well, Tim?

Taxes. I'm working on mine now and it is a pain. I hate paying for things that don't work.

I've been audited twice in the last four years. I came out clean both times. They seem to take issue with my charitable contributions.

So, Tom Daschle pulled out of the running over his tax errors today.

And so did Nancy Killefer, Obama's Chief Performance Officer. I understand that this position is new and no confirmation hearings would have been required.

So, the new man at Treasury, Tim Geithner, has already been anointed by the senate. Will he stay or will he go?

These tax errors are being picked up quickly by the press. One of two things is happening:
1) Obama's screening ("vetting" seems pretentious to me) process is sorely lacking.
2) Obama knew about these problems and put these people out there anyway.

Either possibility isn't very flattering to Mr. Change.

No comments:

Post a Comment