Thursday, December 13, 2007

Someone to look up to

A brewery in Mexico has introduced a new beer called “Malverde”. Bad and green for a brew doesn’t sound too appealing to me.

But the story gets better. It is named in honor of Jesus Malverde, the patron saint of drug lords. (I swear on Mike Huckabee’s Bible I am not making this up!)

The company is Minerva Brewery of Guadalajara.

Here’s the quote from the Associated Press: “He was adopted as the saint for drug traffickers and a chapel was built in his honor. The Roman Catholic Church does not recognize Malverde.”

This is a stretch for multicultural tolerance, even for the best of them.

Hey, I’m not charging you for this stuff. I don’t even allow ads. Here I scour the globe for these primo nuggets of wisdom and all you can do is shake your head? Go to your room.

1 comment:

  1. "the Roman Catholic church doesn't recognize Malverde..."

    Are they shocked by this?

    ReplyDelete